Re:Hull ID for custom-built boat procedure?

  • james caldwell
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 26, 2008
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Bill Parkes <icusa98@...> wrote:

      > Are you kidding? Don't register the boat...ever!
      > I've never registered my Dovekie (or any other boat
      > I've built)anywhere and don't intend to. I know you
      > Massachusetts types love your taxes, but I never
      > dreamed you'd actually seek them out.

      I never registered my Wisp and for 20 years the only person to catch it
      was a fellow boater from MN - not the NPS or CG.
      I did register my Wish II but never put the numbers on and never got
      called on it by CG, Sherrifs or ACE from WI to LA including some real
      close looks by the all, including close approach by the pursuit CG when
      we towing a power boat with a dead engine!!
      This is all presumtuous however, so if you plan to go any farther than
      local, please register or you may get some real trouble if someone
      pressed the issue !!!