Re: [bolger] Re: 18' work skiff - update

  • KEVIN A. DONOHUE
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 5, 2008
      how is the sys3 faster?
      pour and go by weight?
      where are your pictures?
      thanks!
      kevin
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: dnjost<mailto:davidjost@...>
      To: bolger@yahoogroups.com<mailto:bolger@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 3:15 PM
      Subject: [bolger] Re: 18' work skiff - update

      Just a quick update on the progress.

      The second layer of 1/2" ply has been glued and nailed on. If anyone
      is tempting this boat, I would recommend using a flush bit router on
      the first layer prior to applying the second. then the second layer
      could be routed smooth with the sides. Oh well...

      Went to move the boat and discovered that it is going to take a case
      of beer and a few friends to get it out of the garage before the snow
      flies. It weighs around 600-700lbs right now.

      Also switched from WEST to Systems three due to price and ease of
      mixing. I can mix a few batches up in small doses in the time it
      takes to pump the cans.

      David Jost

    • dnjost
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 5, 2008
        The system 3 is faster (handy when glueing up large surfaces such as a
        double bottom) due to the fact that it is like pouring a glass of milk
        from the milk jug as opposed to pumping mustard on to your hotdog.
        The 2:1 mix is easy to measure in disposable graduated cups that I
        purchased along with the resin. In addition, the opaque jugs show me
        how much I have left.

        Photos are at http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeokhsb/worksiff.html

        small garage does not make it very photogenic.

        David Jost