Re: 18' work skiff - update

  • dnjost
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 4, 2008
      Just a quick update on the progress.

      The second layer of 1/2" ply has been glued and nailed on. If anyone
      is tempting this boat, I would recommend using a flush bit router on
      the first layer prior to applying the second. then the second layer
      could be routed smooth with the sides. Oh well...

      Went to move the boat and discovered that it is going to take a case
      of beer and a few friends to get it out of the garage before the snow
      flies. It weighs around 600-700lbs right now.

      Also switched from WEST to Systems three due to price and ease of
      mixing. I can mix a few batches up in small doses in the time it
      takes to pump the cans.

      David Jost
    • KEVIN A. DONOHUE
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 5, 2008
        how is the sys3 faster?
        pour and go by weight?
        where are your pictures?
        thanks!
        kevin

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 5, 2008
          The system 3 is faster (handy when glueing up large surfaces such as a
          double bottom) due to the fact that it is like pouring a glass of milk
          from the milk jug as opposed to pumping mustard on to your hotdog.
          The 2:1 mix is easy to measure in disposable graduated cups that I
          purchased along with the resin. In addition, the opaque jugs show me
          how much I have left.

          Photos are at http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeokhsb/worksiff.html

          small garage does not make it very photogenic.

          David Jost