Dovekie for Sale

  • muscongus
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 25, 2008
      Hello Folks,
      My wife and I are moving to Maine, and I've decided to sell the Dovekie.
      We'll have a new house and barn to work on and little time, and will
      probably try to find a small cruising keelboat (Stonehorse maybe) once
      we're settled in.
      The boat is in great shape.
      Two good sails, one of the newer , larger sails (143sq'), and a spare,
      the smaller (128sq').
      All canvas covers are new, made of SunbrellaPlus, (hatch covers,
      dodger, rearcockpit cover, back porch) Back porch has stainless sell
      tube frame, two layer sides, (window and screen). There are two good
      sets of older canvas covers as well, one dodger with window. Nearly
      new Honda 2hp 4stroke long shaft outboard. Factory side outboard
      mount. Large bulkhead mount compass. New portapottie, larger holding
      tank. New Bruce anchor/6' of chain/nylon rode. New halyard, Forestay,
      sheet. Deck white, bottom and topsides repainted green. Large
      fiberglass Leeboards, fiberglass boom gallows, wooden mast and boom
      (refinished). New Seaswing gimballed stove, propane, with quick mount
      to forward edge of cockpit bench.
      Three new trailer wheel/tires. Trailer very good condition. New carpet
      on trailer bunk boards.
      Email for photos.
      muscongus@frontiernet,net
      Asking $6000 for all.
      Thanks,
      Jack Manley
      Northville,NY
      518-863-2100 (home)
      518-424-2890 (cell)
    • muscongus
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 25, 2008
        PS
        Hull #101 1984
      • muscongus
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 25, 2008
          More things I forgot. (why can't you edit your own posts in these forums?)
          This Dovekie has a bow centerboard.
          There is a pair of Shaw and Tenney 10' oars.
          Jack

          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "muscongus" <muscongus@...> wrote:

          > Hello Folks,
          > My wife and I are moving to Maine, and I've decided to sell the Dovekie.
          > We'll have a new house and barn to work on and little time, and will
          > probably try to find a small cruising keelboat (Stonehorse maybe) once
          > we're settled in.
          > The boat is in great shape.
          > Two good sails, one of the newer , larger sails (143sq'), and a spare,
          > the smaller (128sq').
          > All canvas covers are new, made of SunbrellaPlus, (hatch covers,
          > dodger, rearcockpit cover, back porch) Back porch has stainless sell
          > tube frame, two layer sides, (window and screen). There are two good
          > sets of older canvas covers as well, one dodger with window. Nearly
          > new Honda 2hp 4stroke long shaft outboard. Factory side outboard
          > mount. Large bulkhead mount compass. New portapottie, larger holding
          > tank. New Bruce anchor/6' of chain/nylon rode. New halyard, Forestay,
          > sheet. Deck white, bottom and topsides repainted green. Large
          > fiberglass Leeboards, fiberglass boom gallows, wooden mast and boom
          > (refinished). New Seaswing gimballed stove, propane, with quick mount
          > to forward edge of cockpit bench.
          > Three new trailer wheel/tires. Trailer very good condition. New carpet
          > on trailer bunk boards.
          > Email for photos.
          > muscongus@frontiernet,net
          > Asking $6000 for all.
          > Thanks,
          > Jack Manley
          > Northville,NY
          > 518-863-2100 (home)
          > 518-424-2890 (cell)

        • Susan Davis
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 27, 2008
            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "muscongus" <muscongus@...> wrote:

            > More things I forgot. (why can't you edit your own posts in these
            > forums?)

            Because this is a mailing list, not a web forum. You can't edit past
            messages because they've already been emailed to everyone, and can't
            be un-sent.

            --
            Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
          • muscongus
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 27, 2008
              Susan,
              I guess I am in the minority then. I have the function which emails
              the new posts disabled. I treat all these Yahoo groups just like
              forums. I look at them as I choose, reading any new posts that
              interest me.
              Thanks for the explanation. ( I thought it was just bad, dated software)
              Jack

              --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Davis" <futabachan@...> wrote:

              > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "muscongus" <muscongus@> wrote:
              > >
              > > More things I forgot. (why can't you edit your own posts in these
              > > forums?)
              >
              > Because this is a mailing list, not a web forum. You can't edit past
              > messages because they've already been emailed to everyone, and can't
              > be un-sent.
              >
              > --
              > Susan Davis <futabachan@...>

            • malcolmf
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 27, 2008
                My two cents worth.
                If I were moving to Maine (currently in NH & not likely to move) the
                last boat that I would want to sell would be a Dovekie. Or anything
                else that I could trail so easily and still be able to handle some open
                water. You have an excellent boat for use on the Maine Island Trail.
                Hang it onto the back end of the car and go exploring anywhere from
                Portland to Machias.
                If you get the Stonehorse, or something similar, you are tied to a
                mooring and sailing in just one location. Great boat, but it requires a
                major effort to see other of that wonderful coast than where you are
                moored.
                You are headed to one of the great stretches of sailing in the world, go
                for the distance. Nothing goes upwind like a trailer.
                Calm Seas & A Prosperous Voyage
                Malcolm

                muscongus wrote:

                > Hello Folks,
                > My wife and I are moving to Maine, and I've decided to sell the Dovekie.
                > We'll have a new house and barn to work on and little time, and will
                > probably try to find a small cruising keelboat (Stonehorse maybe) once
                > we're settled in.
                > The boat is in great shape.
                > Two good sails, one of the newer , larger sails (143sq'), and a spare,
                > the smaller (128sq').
                > All canvas covers are new, made of SunbrellaPlus, (hatch covers,
                > dodger, rearcockpit cover, back porch) Back porch has stainless sell
                > tube frame, two layer sides, (window and screen). There are two good
                > sets of older canvas covers as well, one dodger with window. Nearly
                > new Honda 2hp 4stroke long shaft outboard. Factory side outboard
                > mount. Large bulkhead mount compass. New portapottie, larger holding
                > tank. New Bruce anchor/6' of chain/nylon rode. New halyard, Forestay,
                > sheet. Deck white, bottom and topsides repainted green. Large
                > fiberglass Leeboards, fiberglass boom gallows, wooden mast and boom
                > (refinished). New Seaswing gimballed stove, propane, with quick mount
                > to forward edge of cockpit bench.
                > Three new trailer wheel/tires. Trailer very good condition. New carpet
                > on trailer bunk boards.
                > Email for photos.
                > muscongus@frontiernet,net
                > Asking $6000 for all.
                > Thanks,
                > Jack Manley
                > Northville,NY
                > 518-863-2100 (home)
                > 518-424-2890 (cell)

              • 9buck crowley
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 27, 2008
                  Hi,
                  I've got to agree with Malcom here. I use my "Micro" to cruise on the Maine coast and as much as I like it their have been many times I wished I had built a "Birdwatcher" instead so I could explore the thousands of tidal creeks and estuaries on the coast. Even out amongst the islands the Dovekies shallow draft will allow you to take routes that keel boats can't chance. I'd try it for a summer before I sold it.
                  Buck
                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 28, 2008
                    On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 7:50 PM, 9buck crowley <buckcrowley@...> wrote:

                    > Hi,
                    > I've got to agree with Malcom here. I use my "Micro" to cruise on the Maine
                    > coast and as much as I like it their have been many times I wished I had
                    > built a "Birdwatcher" instead so I could explore the thousands of tidal
                    > creeks and estuaries on the coast. Even out amongst the islands the Dovekies
                    > shallow draft will allow you to take routes that keel boats can't chance.
                    > I'd try it for a summer before I sold it.
                    > Buck

                    The effective draft of a Micro is about 18" which is considered to be
                    shoal draft by most. The distinction (I think) is that the
                    Birdwatcher is shallower than shoal draft, and is actually beachable.
                    The trouble with 'beachable' with a boat to heavy to drag around are
                    the tides and the motorboat wakes.
                  • muscongus
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 13, 2008
                      Hello,
                      I've gotten a lot of interest in the Dovekie, as well as several
                      thoughtful emails about not discounting the value of shallow draft in
                      Maine. I do know that the boat will not see any use for several years,
                      so I'm sure I want to sell it.
                      I've reduced the price to $5500 with the Honda 2hp, and $5000 without
                      the Honda. That's my bottom line. It's very well equipped and in
                      excellent shape.
                      Photos available by email, as well as a list of additional equipment
                      and extra canvas etc.
                      Thanks,
                      Jack

                      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "muscongus" <muscongus@...> wrote:

                      > Hello Folks,
                      > My wife and I are moving to Maine, and I've decided to sell the Dovekie.
                      > We'll have a new house and barn to work on and little time, and will
                      > probably try to find a small cruising keelboat (Stonehorse maybe) once
                      > we're settled in.
                      > The boat is in great shape.
                      > Two good sails, one of the newer , larger sails (143sq'), and a spare,
                      > the smaller (128sq').
                      > All canvas covers are new, made of SunbrellaPlus, (hatch covers,
                      > dodger, rearcockpit cover, back porch) Back porch has stainless sell
                      > tube frame, two layer sides, (window and screen). There are two good
                      > sets of older canvas covers as well, one dodger with window. Nearly
                      > new Honda 2hp 4stroke long shaft outboard. Factory side outboard
                      > mount. Large bulkhead mount compass. New portapottie, larger holding
                      > tank. New Bruce anchor/6' of chain/nylon rode. New halyard, Forestay,
                      > sheet. Deck white, bottom and topsides repainted green. Large
                      > fiberglass Leeboards, fiberglass boom gallows, wooden mast and boom
                      > (refinished). New Seaswing gimballed stove, propane, with quick mount
                      > to forward edge of cockpit bench.
                      > Three new trailer wheel/tires. Trailer very good condition. New carpet
                      > on trailer bunk boards.
                      > Email for photos.
                      > muscongus@frontiernet,net
                      > Asking $6000 for all.
                      > Thanks,
                      > Jack Manley
                      > Northville,NY
                      > 518-863-2100 (home)
                      > 518-424-2890 (cell)

                    • Dan Walker
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 17, 2014

                        Good Morning

                        I would be interested in selling my Bolger Dovekie.  It is hull number 139, complete and in excellent condition.  It is located on the North Carolina coast.

                        If interested please contact me at walkervd@... for details.

                        Thanks

                        Dan Walker