RE Gypsy bits and pieces.

  • Hardings
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2000
      I built a Gypsy about seven years ago. We laminated the mast from lumber yard 2x4 with Weldwood. Sailed the boat hard including being
      caught in some squalls on a big lake and all was fine. I had hoped to find solid stuff this time around to save the wear and tear on the
      rotator cuff that comes from picking through a pile of this stuff but am building the masts for my Folding Schooner out of 2x4. This
      time with epoxy but have no reason to doubt the Weldwood. As for bits and pieces. The only thing I needed for the rig in the plans was a
      stainless steel bolt for the kick up rudder and a galvinized thimble for the eye splice for the snotter rig. The rudder guedgeon and
      pintles was made from flat copper strap and copper rod I got from the local hardware store bent on the workshop vise. Good Luck. It is
      a wonderful boat.

      Leander