Re: World Cruising

  • samang251
    Message 1 of 66 , Oct 12, 2008
      Wish list--
      1. 45-60'(wooden construction)
      2. Large Storage for water, provisions, battery bank, sails
      3. ?Cargo Area for dive equipment
      4. dive platform
      5. winch for cargo area
      6. No less than 6 foot head room in main living area
      7. Queen size bed in stateroom
      8. as much solar and wind turbine energy as possible
      9. as little reliance on any fossil fuel motors
      10. radar, sonar, GPS
      11. big head
      12. wet locker

      Budget of around 100,000 dollars.

      I have built two houses (to code) that are still standing.

      > On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 3:46 PM, samang251 <samang251@...> wrote:
      > > All right, then how about this the Bolger AS39
      >
      > There are about one hundred possible Bolger boat choices between the
      > Micro and the AS39. It depends a lot on variables. What is your
      > 'wish list', and what is your budget and your boat building
      > capability.

    • theneandythalman01
      Message 66 of 66 , Oct 20, 2008
        Yep, no doubt about it, this is the book for you. In my last post I
        really drove home my belief that there is no substitute for hands on
        experience. Could probably make just one exception for this! Because
        their philosophy is utterly simple, it is a remarkably easy read that
        will put everything in perspective, and quicker than you may imagine.
        It makes people question their priorities. Noticed you keep getting
        told to read it? That is because it really is that good. It's a MUST!

        Andrew

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, ANDREW AIREY <andyairey@...> wrote:

        > Apologies if anyone has previously mentioned it but 'Voyaging on a
        small income' by Annie Hill has to be the all time practical
        classic.It comes up reasonably frequently on ebay,or you can get it
        through Amazon.As a bonus it also includes a reprint of Weston
        Martyr's short story 'The £200 millionaire'

        http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com