Re: Another "Manatee?"

  • Dave Gentry
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "alert2paint" <alert2paint@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone (else) built a Bolger Manatee? Is Jim Melcher's ALERT the only one? Would
      > enjoy seeing another--Jim

      Well, I just saw one last week, in Maple Bay, BC (Canada, Vancouver Island, SE coast). I'm
      pretty darn sure it's a copy of Alert/Manatee. It's called "Yellow Fin" or "Yellow Fir" and it
      motored right by me as I was anchoring, much to my slack jawed amazement! You could have
      knocked me over with a feather. I managed to gasp out "Is, is that Manatee??!," but they
      denied it. They did confirm the PCB origin, though - not that that was ever in doubt.
      Later I kayaked over to where it was moored, in a drying basin, and took some pics - I'll
      post some.

      My quick search of the forum revealed only this older post - sorry if this is old news. It's new
      to me!
    • Dave Gentry
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2008
        My bad, I meant Moccasin, not Manatee. I got them confused. Clearly I need to start carrying
        those books around with me . . . .
      • Harry James
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2008
          Moccasin!!! Thats even better. Its my all time favorite Bolger. I would
          love to see, touch and drool on one.

          HJ