Eglass, cloth weight?

  • airghun
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 2008
      For a strip built powerboat aprox 21ft. what would be the recommended
      cloth weight?

      Thank you
      Mike
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 29, 2008
        Opinions would vary, for sure, but I would use 8 ounce with double or
        triple on the surfaces subject to abrasion, like the keel or chine.

        On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 5:43 PM, airghun <airghun@...> wrote:
        > For a strip built powerboat aprox 21ft. what would be the recommended
        > cloth weight?
      • air ghun
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 29, 2008
          thank you, I was also looking at the S glass, with 30% more strenth.

          Bruce Hallman <bruce@...> wrote:
          Opinions would vary, for sure, but I would use 8 ounce with double or
          triple on the surfaces subject to abrasion, like the keel or chine.

          On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 5:43 PM, airghun <airghun@...> wrote:
          > For a strip built powerboat aprox 21ft. what would be the recommended
          > cloth weight?

        • sonex1097
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 3, 2008
            Have a look at "Covering Wooden Boats with Fiberglass" by Allan Vaitses.