Re: [bolger] Re: Single Handed Schooner - sailing

  • Gene Tehansky
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 27, 2008
      Graeme,
      Thanks for the tip. Whether or not this works will depend on how
      much clearance there is between the deck and the lowest part of the
      sheet mechanism below the boom. Which depends on how high the sails
      are raised on the halyards. On that subject. By the end of the day,
      after everything on the boat was thoroughly wet, I noticed I had
      significantly less head clearance than in the morning. The halyards
      had stretched during the day. I'll need to convert them over to non
      stretch line. I'll do it after I run the foresail halyards back to
      the cockpit. I'm not going to run the jib back because there is no
      good way to gather the sail from aft after dropping it.

      Sincerely,
      Gene T.