Re: Single Handed Schooner launched

  • efemiket
    Message 1 of 26 , Sep 19, 2008
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Davis" <futabachan@...> wrote:

      > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "efemiket" <efemike@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I keep mine on a mooring at my local sailing club (Toronto Sailing &
      > > Canoe Club).
      >
      > I saw her on my way to work this morning; she looks very nice. Will
      > she lie to her own mooring next year, and if so, how were you planning
      > to rig that up?

      I figure two regular mooring lines around the foremast and cleated to
      one of the halyard cleats. But I may have to install another larger
      cleat on the foredeck, although the mast should take most of the strain.

      > > I put tarps over the boom and gaff when the boat is on the mooring
      > > to keep water out of the cockpits.
      >
      > I'll have to rig up something similar when I get _Shrike_ back in >
      > the water next year.

      Will you be at TS&CC? Two schooners would definitely turn some heads.

      > I kept my jib rigged, but rolled up in the back and stowed under the
      > foredeck.

      Ah, that would work. First sail tomorrow, the Past the Island race.
      Looking fwd to it!
      Mike