Re: [bolger] Re: Polyester fabric and checking

  • c o'donnell
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 8, 2008
      I did an experiment a while back with light glass (2 oz?) and acrylic
      latex (or epoxy fortified) porch paint. The goal was to stop checking
      on a hatch cover.

      You paint the cloth down, basically, like people used to do with
      canvas. Fast undercoat, drop the cloth down, top coat. It works well.
      However, not recommended for any part that will be underwater
      constantly. If checking painting ply is the issue, porch or garage
      floor paint and glass works well without boosting the weight.

      On Sep 8, 2008, at 12:08 AM, Harry James wrote:

      > and compression. It is about abrasion resistance. Jon thinks it is the
      > extra epoxy and would rather use cabosil for extra abrasion
      > resistance.

      Another recommendation has been to use corborundum (powder) in epoxy.
      Carborundum will abrade the rocks. I think I read of this in an
      article on west coast drift boats ...

      === craig o'donnell
      dadadata@...
      Box 232 Betterton Md 21610