Green Boats

  • graeme19121984
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2008
      Bolger cited in an essay surfed into at Culture Change.org
      http://tinyurl.com/2pzwqu

      http://www.culturechange.org/cms/index.php?
      option=com_content&task=view&id=67&Itemid=33

      "1. Introduction
      A sailboat is not the first thing that comes to mind when
      contemplating the range of useful responses to the set of intractable
      global problems that confront us. Nor the second. But once it does, a
      bit of further study makes it apparent that few things will possess
      greater long-term utility in the changed circumstances we should all
      be expecting...

      8. The Simplest Solution that Works

      ...However, there is an established style of boat that is so close to
      what we want that there seems to be no reason not to start with it.
      It is called the square boat, or the Bolger Box, after Phil Bolger, a
      naval architect from Gloucester, Massachusetts, who is a renowned
      designer of square boats and other unusual craft... "

      Graeme