Re: (Prince William Sound Yawl isometric) Leeboard raised / canted?

  • martinkortlucke
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 3, 2008
      Good day Will

      My folding schooner was built with a single off-centreboard about a
      foot deeper than the plans. It is 3/8" steel plate with rounded leading
      edge and chamfered down to 1/8" over 2" of the trailing edge.
      Performace-wise it stalls at low speeds and sometimes sucks air due to
      being a bit small but once the breeze is above 12 knots it flies to
      windward. Am glad I made it a centreboard as our bay has many shallows
      and coral bommies. We hit them or run aground so often the board is
      called the galvanized depth sounder.

      Martin