RE: [bolger] Tennessee transom height question

  • Maximo
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2008
      Sam, on the article page in the photos section, if you switch your "view"
      configuration to "large" you could read the article, at least I can :)

      Máximo
    • Sam Glasscock
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2008
        Thanks, Maximo--I'll give it a try.

        Sam, on the article page in the photos section, if you switch your "view"
        configuration to "large" you could read the article, at least I can :)

        Máximo

      • Chester Young
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 2, 2008
          The one data point that directly correlates to the better speed is that the
          engine is now turning higher rpm’s. I did put a stainless steel prop on
          her earlier this year, but I suspect that a tune up from a certified
          mechanic may also garner additional speed. Currently changing the oil in
          the engine every 100 hours, and the grease in the lower unit every 50 hours.
          Aside from new spark plugs there is little else for a non mechanic like
          myself to do. Getting the boat on the trailer and to a shop just has not
          happened yet. If I would quit driving her around perhaps then………..

          My wife and I chartered the Mangrove Mistress back in 2003 / 2004. I took
          my GPS and she only got 12-13 mph wide open running her 25 hp four stroke
          Honda. It was enough for me, I was hooked, at that time she would not sell
          the boat but was trying to sell the business and boat with it. If I had to
          do it over I would likely install a 25 same as I have, there is a
          significant difference between 15 mph and 10mph when traveling 20 miles or
          more at one time.

          Caloosarat

          _____