Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Phil Bolger's Plywood 12 1/2

Expand Messages
  • hardystein2004
    ... Yes , it`s just me ...:-) WOW ! That boat is stunning. Gerard , you have good reason to be proud indeed. If you could get Mr. bolger onboard for a sail ,
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 26, 2008
    • 0 Attachment
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "David Darnell" <DTD@...> wrote:
      >
      > There is no space infront of the http:. If you'd copied and pasted
      > it into your browser it would have worked and looked like:
      >
      > http://www.instantboats.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2031
      >
      >
      >

      Yes , it`s just me ...:-)

      WOW ! That boat is stunning.

      Gerard , you have good reason to be proud indeed.
      If you could get Mr. bolger onboard for a sail , that would be really
      nice.

      Some future writeup about sailing her would make great reading.

      Just one question , if you please , how tall is that boat when sitting
      level on it`s trailer ?

      Congratulations again , on a superb build.
    • pvanderwaart
      ... Very, very, very, very, very nice! Wonderful. This boat is a total rebuke to all those people who say all Bolger boats are ugly. Enjoy. You have earned it.
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 26, 2008
      • 0 Attachment
        > > http://www.instantboats.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2031

        Very, very, very, very, very nice! Wonderful.

        This boat is a total rebuke to all those people who say all Bolger
        boats are ugly.

        Enjoy. You have earned it.
      • hardystein2004
        ... It is indeed Peter. The cartoon certainly does not convey how beautiful that boat really is in 3D. Interestingly Bolger hinted : ...Neither end will be as
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 26, 2008
        • 0 Attachment
          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "pvanderwaart" <pvanderwaart@...> wrote:

          > Very, very, very, very, very nice! Wonderful.
          >
          > This boat is a total rebuke to all those people who say all Bolger
          > boats are ugly.
          >
          >
          It is indeed Peter.

          The cartoon certainly does not convey how beautiful that boat really
          is in 3D.

          Interestingly Bolger hinted :


          "...Neither end will be as handsome as the original when seen three in
          dimensions with shadows and reflections.

          "To compensate , I made herlower sided , increasing the angles of thr
          raking ends.The sleeker profile is supposed to distract the eye
          fromthe coarse sectional shape.It willwork from many angles but not
          all.This will be a very good - looking boat boat as long as there
          isn`t a goughdish alongside. "


          I think that boat is very good looking with ANYTHING along side it Mr.
          Bolger !










          Enjoy. You have earned it.
          >
        • hardystein2004
          ... ...:-(
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 26, 2008
          • 0 Attachment
            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "hardystein2004" <hardystein2004@...>
            wrote:
            >
            > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "pvanderwaart" <pvanderwaart@> wrote:
            >
            > > Very, very, very, very, very nice! Wonderful.
            > >
            > > This boat is a total rebuke to all those people who say all Bolger
            > > boats are ugly.
            > >
            > >
            > It is indeed Peter.
            >
            > The cartoon certainly does not convey how beautiful that boat really
            > is in 3D....
            >
            > ...and apologies for all those APPALLING typos ...

            ...:-(
          • schwabgerard
            ... pasted ... really ... sitting ... Deck level about 5 1/2 ft when on trailer, takes just under 4ft of water to float boat off trailer, trailer tongue has a
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 26, 2008
            • 0 Attachment
              --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "hardystein2004" <hardystein2004@...>
              wrote:
              >
              > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "David Darnell" <DTD@> wrote:
              > >
              > > There is no space infront of the http:. If you'd copied and
              pasted
              > > it into your browser it would have worked and looked like:
              > >
              > > http://www.instantboats.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2031
              > >
              > >
              > >
              >
              > Yes , it`s just me ...:-)
              >
              > WOW ! That boat is stunning.
              >
              > Gerard , you have good reason to be proud indeed.
              > If you could get Mr. bolger onboard for a sail , that would be
              really
              > nice.
              >
              > Some future writeup about sailing her would make great reading.
              >
              > Just one question , if you please , how tall is that boat when
              sitting
              > level on it`s trailer ?
              >
              > Congratulations again , on a superb build.
              >
              Deck level about 5 1/2 ft when on trailer, takes just under 4ft of
              water to float boat off trailer, trailer tongue has a 8ft extension,
              need to get tires wet on jeep but still easy to launch at local boat
              ramp. I have two eyes on two 1/2" ss keel bolts to lift boat via a
              sling if wishing to launch via a hoist at local marina dock.
            • Michael Walther
              Hi Schwabgerard, Truly Beautiful:) Thanks for the pix. Mike
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 27, 2008
              • 0 Attachment
                Hi Schwabgerard, Truly Beautiful:) Thanks for the pix. Mike


                --- On Tue, 8/26/08, schwabgerard <schwabgerard@...> wrote:

                > From: schwabgerard <schwabgerard@...>
                > Subject: [bolger] Phil Bolger's Plywood 12 1/2
                > To: bolger@yahoogroups.com
                > Date: Tuesday, August 26, 2008, 8:01 AM
                > To my knowledge, I have just completed the first Plywood 12
                > 1/2 to
                > Phil Bolger's plans. You can view the progress from
                > start to finish on
                > the "Instand Boats Message Boards" boat building
                > forum. My question
                > is, are there any other completed boats? This is a great
                > design with
                > which I would be willing to share my thoughts with anyone
                > willing to
                > undertake this type of project. Some Pic's are listed
                > on this site but
                > most are on the above
                > site.http://www.instantboats.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2031
                >
                >
                > ------------------------------------
                >
                > Bolger rules!!!
                > - NO "GO AWAY SPAMMER!" posts!!! Please!
                > - no cursing, flaming, trolling, spamming, respamming, or
                > flogging dead horses
                > - stay on topic, stay on thread, punctuate, no 'Ed,
                > thanks, Fred' posts
                > - Pls add your comments at the TOP, SIGN your posts, and
                > snip away
                > - Plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209, Gloucester,
                > MA, 01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349
                > - Unsubscribe: bolger-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                > - Open discussion:
                > bolger_coffee_lounge-subscribe@yahoogroups.com Yahoo! Groups
                > Links
                >
                >
                >
              • pvanderwaart
                Just by the way, if anyone wonders what the original Herreshoff boat was like, there are good pics herea; http://www.msogphotosite.com/Shackled.html
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 27, 2008
                • 0 Attachment
                  Just by the way, if anyone wonders what the original Herreshoff boat
                  was like, there are good pics herea;

                  http://www.msogphotosite.com/Shackled.html
                • graeme19121984
                  ... You ve seen Mark s model? http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Bolger2/files/Plywood%2012.5/ He was going full size, but apparently didn t...
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 29, 2008
                  • 0 Attachment
                    > My question is, are there any other completed boats?


                    You've seen Mark's model?
                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Bolger2/files/Plywood%2012.5/
                    He was going full size, but apparently didn't...
                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bolger/message/11253?threaded=1

                    Congrats on the launch of your beautiful boat.
                    PCB is going to be tickled, I'm sure.

                    Graeme
                  • schwabgerard
                    ... Hi Everyone, Just a late slideshow of sea trials available for the Plywood 12 1/2 by Phil Bolger. Take a look at link to Photo-bucket below:
                    Message 9 of 17 , Dec 10, 2008
                    • 0 Attachment
                      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "graeme19121984" <graeme19121984@...>
                      wrote:
                      >
                      > > My question is, are there any other completed boats?
                      >
                      >
                      > You've seen Mark's model?
                      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Bolger2/files/Plywood%2012.5/
                      > He was going full size, but apparently didn't...
                      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bolger/message/11253?threaded=1
                      >
                      > Congrats on the launch of your beautiful boat.
                      > PCB is going to be tickled, I'm sure.
                      >
                      > Graeme
                      >

                      Hi Everyone, Just a late slideshow of sea trials available for the
                      Plywood 12 1/2 by Phil Bolger. Take a look at link to Photo-bucket
                      below:
                      http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj41/gmschwab/Plywood125-sea%
                      20trials/

                      Keep the boatbuilding going!
                    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.