Re: [bolger] Re Plans

  • Jeff Gilbert
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2000
      John:
      good luck w. project,
      Jeff

      BLURB:
      I design wooden boats for people to build in the real world of
      mortgages, garages, and never enough time or tools.
      In order to eat I program mainframes for the Australian Govt Health Dept.
      I have a degree in Engineering Mathematics, and learned to draw by drawing.
      I sail a ply Paper Tiger cat, a timeless 32yo design by Ron Given of
      my birthplace New Zealand.
      I'm pushing 47, and recall how far off 2000 seemed.

      Yours Sincerely
      Jeff Gilbert,
      Jeff Gilbert Design
      9 Birbai Place, Waramanga,
      ACT  2611,  Australia.
      ph (61) (02)  62889450(h)  62897373(w)
      jgilbert@...

      What Im up to:
      http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/articles/Jeff/designs.htm
      Some of my work:
      Ketchup 7x2.5m 1ton Trailer Cat ....
      http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/articles/Jeff/index.htm
      Scarper Flo 9.5x2.5m 5.5ton Gaff Cutter...
      http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/articles/scarper_flo/index.htm

      Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2000 7:00 PM
      Subject: [bolger] Re Plans

       Whoops didn't mean to open such a can of worms, but it made for interesting reading.
      All things considered I might buy those plans just to be on the safe side.
      Thank you everyone for your input great food for thought.I will be sure to keep you up to date with the building. FWIW I built my Nymph from the Payson book with no problems and at one stage intended to build some more and was advised, after inquiring, that the royalty on each subsequent boat should probably the purchase cost of the original book. Fair enough by me.

       My $20 Aus worth ( about 2 cent US ) is this:
       I very much enjoy reading Bolgers work and others and figure the only way to keep seeing this professional standard of work is to help it coming i.e.: Pay for it. My wife runs a very busy music business and whilst she loves music and teaching and so many people thinks she only does it for the love of it, (which she does), it is also her living at which she spent many years of her own time and money to be able to make a living from it.

      Sorry to stray a bit and thanks again.
      PS does Mr Bolger have an Email address or do I need to write to him at the address in the book.

      John Blake

      Bolger rules!!!
      - no cursing
      - stay on topic
      - use punctuation
      - add your comments at the TOP and SIGN your posts
      - add some content: send "thanks!" and "ditto!" posts off-list.