Wisp isometric

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 28, 2008
      Here is an isometric interpretation of Wisp

      http://flickr.com/photos/hallman/2711948574/
    • james caldwell
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 30, 2008
        Thanks Bruce:
        I built a Wisp 22 years ago and have had it all over -
        mainly the Apostle Islands - and though it is a
        quintessential beach cruiser - being on Lake Superior
        probably isn't terribly recommended. The last trip I made
        was with my daughter (seven days and five light houses)
        after she asked (she was younger then) why I kept saying
        that an open boat isn't really so good for the big lake -
        so I took her up to demonstrate - after that we built our
        Wish II.
        MAIB did a cover photo to go with an article Phill and Susanne
        wrote on the design and beach cruising (a while ago).
        Also Phil's nephew WIlliam built one and we
        corresponded a bit (he used strip planking, thinner
        bilge board and decked the front over to the mast).
        He passed before I could meet him. I guess only a couple
        of others have been built.
        Jim
        p.s. I just finished a dragon boat for the Local TEAMSurvivor
        in Madison - my partner documented the process at:
        http://www.aceportfolio.net/dragonboat
        (a great big payson canoe !!)

        > Here is an isometric interpretation of Wisp
        >
        > http://flickr.com/photos/hallman/2711948574/

      • Patrick Crockett
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 5, 2008
          If you want to see one in person, one always comes to the MidAtlantic
          Small Craft Festival the first weekend in October. Beautiful boat.

          Patrick