Re: Cartopper paint won't dry

  • Chris Crandall
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 16, 2008
      It's true, it almost certainly will dry.

      This is a good time to add a plug for Japan drier, which if appropriate
      to your paint, is a great thing. It's poisonous (of course), but safe
      enough to use (don't be eating paint chips, or wiping your mouth with a
      paint-wet forearm). And it will speed up the drying (you mix it into the
      paint in your little paint pot). It changes the color ever-so-slightly
      (it's an attractive ruby-red, but you use very, very little).

      I use it when I can, and am very happy with its action.

      BTW, pspirine, you can still speed things up by adding heat and wind.
      Put a fan on the boat, and will dry more quickly, or take it out into
      the sunshine, and get fresh air and sunlight for warmth, and it will
      speed up dramatically.

      -Chris

      P.S. You cannot add Japan drier after the paint has been applied.