Re: Diablo: total makeover

  • dnjost
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2008
      I used a 9.9 longshaft 2 cycle Johnson.
      It had me at 15 mph measured over a mile with 2 people on board (300
      lbs).

      A test with the 9.9 Honda 4 cycle yielded a significantly lower speed
      barely planing with the same load. The weight of the motor, and prop
      match were the blame.

      Beautiful boat, congratulations. I hope to do some more work on the
      18' clamskiff in my garage, this will be the Diablo replacement.

      David