Re: [bolger] Re: SBJ Proposed Canalboat isometric

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 27, 2008
      >Since you can power a boat like that with only one
      > horsepower why not think electric/solar with a small outboard for reserve
      > power.

      It would take a pretty big solar array to get adaquate power, and
      there is scant storage space for the battery bank, but perhaps...

      I think Bolger predicted 7.5hp would cruise at 6 mph, and he drew in a
      second motor mount because a second motor could give peace of mind for
      an additional push of speed for quick crossings of patches of open
      water.