Re: [bolger] Before - Seabird '86 isometric

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 24, 2008
      > Looking at the wishbone I'd have concern about down wind sailing.

      II agree. can think of some other reasons the wishbone mast might be bad.
      One, rigging the halyard would be a bit complex.
    • kinguq
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 25, 2008
        Does anyone know if a wishbown mast has been used for a dipping lug
        (although with the wishbone you would not have to dip...)? I have been
        thinking about this rig for a long time, although I think I would go
        two straight uprights with a lateral crosspiece at the top, to reduce
        the binding downwind problem.

        Such a rig would be really easy to set up on any of the box boats
        because of the straight sides. It would seem to offer all the
        advantages of the dipping lug without the dipping!

        Kinguq.