Micro's Trailerability

  • teakdeck@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2000
      Bolgerista's,

      I heard varied comments about how easy or hard Micro is to rig, launch and
      retrieve. Could those of you who actually do the above comment? Does anybody
      keep their Micro on the trailer and still use the boat more than once or
      twice a season?

      I'm considering a trailer sailer, something like a Micro or Compac or Cape
      Dory Typhoon or Santana 20.

      Mike Masten
    • isabella@gil.com.au
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2000
        --- In bolger@egroups.com, teakdeck@a... wrote:
        > Bolgerista's,
        >
        > I heard varied comments about how easy or hard Micro is to rig,
        launch and
        > retrieve. Could those of you who actually do the above comment?
        Does anybody
        > keep their Micro on the trailer and still use the boat more than
        once or
        > twice a season?
        >
        > I'm considering a trailer sailer, something like a Micro or Compac
        or Cape
        > Dory Typhoon or Santana 20.
        >
        > Mike Masten

        Hi Mike,
        my Micro is living on a trailer and has been in the water 3
        times in the last two weeks. The trailer I have is one that breaks
        for launch and retrival, and the boat comes off and on like a
        dream!! I have found that it takes 1/2hr to rig Micro form the time
        we get to the boat ramp. It takes me longer to rig my 14 ft racing
        dinghy!! The only hard bit is raising the mast and even that is not
        too bad.
        Phill