Lake Pepin Messabout photos

  • Bill Paxton
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 11, 2008
      You can find photos from the recent messabout at
      www.LakePepinMessabout.com
      Just click on the Photo link to access pictures from this year and
      past years. There were a number of Bolger boats this year.

      Bill Paxton
    • .Randy Powell
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 11, 2008
        Hi Bill,
        I tryed to go here and ahve a gander at the picts, but could not, would you please send me a hot link so I my enjoy some good photos.
        Thanks Randy

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 12, 2008
          Here are two links to try:
          http://flickr.com/photos/tags/pepinmessabout08/show

          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, ".Randy Powell" <rpspiritwaters@...> wrote:

          > Hi Bill,
          > I tryed to go here and ahve a gander at the picts, but could not,
          would you please send me a hot link so I my enjoy some good photos.
          > Thanks Randy

        • .Randy Powell
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 14, 2008
            Thanks Bill

            > I tryed to go here and ahve a gander at the picts, but could not,
            would you please send me a hot link so I my enjoy some good photos.
            > Thanks Randy

            Yahoo! Mail: http://ca.promos. yahoo.com/ newmail/overview 2/

          • BillP
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 5, 2012
              We had a great time on Lake Pepin, as you can see in the photos:
              http://www.flickr.com/search/show/?q=12pepinmessabout

              Bill Paxton
            • John Kohnen
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 5, 2012
                Looks like everybody was having a good time, and LOTS of nice boats showed
                up. :o) Thanks for sharing your pictures.

                It was interesting to see an East Mersea Duck Punt (Capt. Bill's) this
                side of the Pond. And out in open water too, not poking around in a marsh.
                <g> How did it seem to perform?

                --
                John (jkohnen@...)
                Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 6, 2012
                  The Duck Punt was a bit tippy, and Steve Lewis couldn't get it to go to windward.

                  Bill

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 11, 2012
                    The Duck Punt is meant to be tippy. You're supposed to sail it heeled over
                    to get the lee chine deep so it digs in and keeps you from sliding to
                    leeward.

                    I'm not surprised that it didn't go to windward out in the open lake. It's
                    intended for sailing in the smooth, protected waters of its home marshes.
                    They're neat little boats, but apparently not good for general purpose
                    use. <sigh>

                    http://duckpunt.wordpress.com/

                    On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 04:28:37 -0700, Bill P wrote:

                    > The Duck Punt was a bit tippy, and Steve Lewis couldn't get it to go to
                    > windward.

                    >> > http://www.flickr.com/search/show/?q=12pepinmessabout

                    --
                    John (jkohnen@...)
                    In politics, absurdity is not a handicap. (Napoleon Bonaparte)
                  • joe_mapango
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 12, 2012
                      Can anybody tell me the price of the AS34 plans? Does anyone know if study plans are available for the ASS34?

                      Just wondering!

                      Chris Curtis
                      s/v Romany
                      curtisfamilyadventures.wordpress.com
                    • Eric Kramp

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 13, 2012
                          Nope, rather different to an AS. That MAIB issue (Volume 28 – Number 8 December 2010) at page 42 features the BOD article on:

                          Matsue Traveler" A Study.
                          "...This is essentially a sharpie hull derivative with a modified bow section (flared sides with a deep-Vee nose and forward centreboard) we've developed over many designs..."

                          '"Matsue Traveler"
                          Preliminary Specifications:
                          LOA: 37'2" – LOD: 33'4"
                          LWL (static): 28'5"
                          Beam over Rubrail: 10'1"
                          Beam on Deck: 9'7"
                          Breadth of Bottom: 8'0
                          Draft Hull (full load): 1'6"
                          Draft Max Centerboard: 5'1"
                          Sail Area: Approx 800sf
                          Displacement Max: 12,500lbs'

                          Substantial mixed ballast total unstated for metal, wood, tankage (55gal fuel, 100gal plus much more water and waste), large battery banks, etc, but:

                          "Sinking
                          She will offer enough wooden structure,
                          insulation foam, plus dedicated buoyancy
                          foam to remain afloat even if fully flooded
                          throughout all of her compartments."

                        • philbolger@comcast.net
                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 1, 2012
                            Mr. Curtis
                                 the design has not been completed.  It will eventually be tended to.  I wished she was done as well. A significant addition to our cruising designs.

                            Beyond what was published in MAIB there is no further material accessible.

                            If you are interested in seeing her completed, we should talk on a private channel.
                            Thank you for your interest.

                            Susanne Altenburger, PB&F