hull construction patent US4489668

  • echo172@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 8, 2008
      I was searching for breasthook and for some reason free patents are swarming my google results these days. A patent for hull construction where triangles are cut and rolled up to form a nice looking hull form. It was applied for in 1982, reminds me of the Bolger Diamond kayak in some ways?

      It looks like a clever canoe. I'm going to cut up some plastic and see how it looks 3D.
      Bruce in NJ

    • Mark Albanese
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2008
        Yes.

        Have you seen the somewhat similar, old?
        http://www.common-sense-boats.com/flyaway.htm

        The patent canoe has a pretty full, rounded midsection.
        Here's hoping you've got a camera!
        Mark

      • echo172@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 9, 2008
          I have seen the strange boat you mention.
          I'll get it done in scale today and post a shot. I have two sheets of 6mm left over but the "invention" uses 3mm (1/8").
          Bruce in NJ

          From: Mark Albanese <marka@...>