Re: [bolger] First Sail in the AM

  • KF4call@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2000
      Mark,
      Congrats and best wishes on the new boat. I could not find any MayFly
      design in either my Michalak catalogs, including the listing of prototype
      designs. Can you please say a little bit about it? As for books about
      learning to sail, I especially like one by Richard Creagh-Osborn, title (as
      best as I can remember) is "This is Sailing" . I also found the Tony Gibbs
      basic book very helpful. I taught myself to sail using just these two books
      to start.
      Best regards, Warren

      << Well I have completed my first boat. The MayFly12 designed by Jim
      Michalak. I have her sitting on the trailer in the garage ready to
      go first thing in the AM. This will also be my first time sailing,
      so it should be be a real hum-dinger of a day...I don't think I will
      get much sleep tonite...to excited...I will update my home page after
      the days events and post the url later. >>
    • Michael Surface
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2000
        The infor on Mayfly can be found on Jim Michalak's archieve site the URL is:

        http://marina.fortunecity.com/breakwater/274/1998/1015/index.htm

        >From: KF4call@...
        >To: bolger@egroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [bolger] First Sail in the AM
        >Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 02:49:49 EDT
        >

        >Mark,
        >I could not find any MayFly
        >design in either my Michalak catalogs, including the listing of >prototype
        >designs. Can you please say a little bit about it? As for >books about

      • Chuck Leinweber
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2000
          >I could not find any MayFly
          > design in either my Michalak catalogs, including the listing of prototype
          > designs.

          >Warren

          Warren:

          For better or worse, Jim does not put all his designs in the catalog that he
          mails out. Instead, he puts in his current favorites (notice the staples).
          You can find a pretty comprehensive list online though:
          http://marina.fortunecity.com/breakwater/274/michalak/designs.htm

          Chuck