Re: [bolger] Re: Depoe Bay Wooden Boat Festival

  • Michael Walther
    Message 1 of 18 , May 4, 2008
      Hi John,
      Can't thank you enough for this, much praised be heaped upon you. Depoe Bay is a beautiful place. As usual the pix are great and very appreciated, at least by me. It was also neat to see in the background of a couple shots one of the last wooden production boats by Trojan Yacht, still around.
      I'm thinking that Dick's boat with the seat in his son Joe's boat would be perfection. After all this, would you happen to know any thing about it? Or how I might contact them? I didn't see a link or web address.
      Thanks again, Mike

      Message 2 of 18 , May 7, 2008
        I've thought about tossing a boat into the tidal basin to play, and
        wondered if it is allowed. I know there are paddle boats in there, but I
        thought perhaps the Park Service did not allow just anybody to put a
        boat in. Is it allowed?

        Patrick

        Michael Walther wrote:
        > To Alefoot, Wow, your very quick (a search demon), a great little site, helpful & bookmarked, thank you very much. Looking at the boats measurements, its bigger than the near 6ft I thought it might be. 6ft is Wash.,D.C. Metro manageable and a quick 20min trip to the Tidal Basin or Potomac River;) Cool little boat:)
        > Thanks again, Mike
        > PS I thought I sent this earlier (found in drafts folder), sorry it took so long.

      • Michael Walther
        Message 3 of 18 , May 7, 2008
          Hi Patrick & Group, I don't know for sure, I don't have the tiny boat yet, so I haven't called or checked the site for info yet. From what I've seen, but not studied of the map it's all connected & I've seen the boats in the river, again I'm assuming. I seem to remember seeing private boats there also. After all, if the water can get in & the boats can get out? As long as it's people powered, I can't see the objection, other than the boat rentals have the exclusive rights which means all citizens need to write their congressman & Park 'Service' to get that changed & money to repair, reopen the entire C&O Canal as well. There are businesses & towns that would benefit along with new jobs in boating industry the entire length.
          That's the best I can give you at this moment, Mike