Re: Junebug Build....stretched

  • Jason Stancil
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 20 12:19 PM
      graeme-

      I think the reason my JB will hop up on plane is that the stretch was
      only done at the widest part of the hull not thru the whole length of
      the boat. My stern doesn't drag at all like in the picture in 30 odd
      boats. Because i used a fatter stem piece she is also 3' 6" wide as
      opposed to 3'3". I think all those flat surfaces add up to planning
      potential. 15 knts will do a plenty. Still rows great. The reason i
      enlarged her was for minimal camp cruising....thank gawd for the
      dovekie now.

      The other reason is the sail: professionally sewn by dabbler. I
      ve made tyvek and poly tarp sails but nothing can touch the
      performance of a professionally built dacron sail.

      Jason