Launching Anhinga Sandy Bottoms

  • Mark Albanese
    Message 1 of 50 , Apr 10, 2008
      Thomas, Graeme, Anhinga fans

      Finally got the MAIB article scanned, then broken up to add to
      Bolgercartoons.
      http://tinyurl.com/5br3jv

      The image quality is satisfyingly better than expected from the xerox
      copies.

      You can see clearly in the photos the infamous step fins. I'm now
      even more convinced that these catching the water may have
      contributed to the turning turtle. Contrary to the leeboard, as the
      boat heels the fins get more bite.

      Au contraire?

      Enjoy,
      Mark
    • Chris Crandall
      Message 50 of 50 , Apr 14, 2008
        Thanks, Michael Walther. But alas, it's too late for me.
        My boat is kaput, and in a landfill by now. But 9 seasons was enough,
        and more than I'd hoped. On the next couple of boats.

        -Chris