- I have a micro built back in the late 1990 s When I bought it the builder gave me his plans and receipts. The cost of materials alone was £6000. If you lookMessage 1 of 54 , Mar 13 9:22 AMView SourceI have a micro built back in the late 1990's When I bought it the builder gave me his plans and receipts. The cost of materials alone was £6000. If you look in the 4 sale group you will see it for sale a great deal less than that.
I feel that the Old Shoe is worth $5000, but if you look at second hand prices for these type of boats they seem to be much much lower that they cost.
- Thanks for your interest. The work was done in 2004, then covered in MAIB Sept. 1, 2004 Vol. 22, No 8 p.28-29. We referred to it as MICRO-2 . To the plansMessage 54 of 54 , Sep 7, 2012View SourceThanks for your interest.
The work was done in 2004, then covered in MAIB Sept. 1, 2004 Vol. 22, No 8 p.28-29. We referred to it as 'MICRO-2'.
To the plans for Design #422 MICRO across three additional sheets were added modifications doable on any existing MICRO hull:
- shorter mainmast - 18'4" versus 23' -
- battened gaff main-sail for an overall sail-area of 210 versus 176, plus 65 sq. foot reaching spinnaker
- all set in a bow-tabernacle, bringing her hull-length to just over 16 feet,
- gaff mizzen on 2-foot shorter mizzen-mast
- moderate-angle fillets under her bow.
As stated in the MAIB piece in 2004, these three upgrade sheets are $75.
The complete plans-package has grown over the decades from 6 to 11 sheets and is available for $250 to build one boat.
Susanne Altenburger, PB&F
----- Original Message -----From: Dave GentrySent: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 12:59 PMSubject: [bolger] Re: Old Shoe-type MICRO ?
--- In firstname.lastname@example.org, Mark Albanese <marka97203@...> wrote:
> I don't believe that is well-known. Is it possible to purchase just
> this sheet?
> > Myles,
> > in case your experience amongst waves would be alleviated by
> > this, MICRO has had a set of (addable) Vee-Nose fillets forward for
> > a good number of years now.
Yes, first I've heard of it, as well. Perhaps it's on the navigator plans . . . I haven't really studied them.
Anyway, they sound like a worthy addition. If I still had the Micro I built, I'd likely want them.