Re: Anhinga...

  • proaconstrictor
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2008
      That is what happens when you draw boats using pencil
      > and pen.

      It shouldn't be. Actually lines are prety accurate, no splines to
      contend with of the numerical kind. (Though you can lay out most of
      this boat with a framing square. :)) In many instances one can fit the
      exact same curve by hand that was used to draw the boat by the
      architect.

      I don't think I entirely stated things correctly. The numbers I gave
      are for the bulkhead, but I also stated they where the boat's side
      height, or some such. Of course the bulkhead is undersized by the
      thickness of materials applied, the keel timber, and any camber given
      to the deck, where the profile view is concerned.

      Also when you measure the max max on this boat they don't line up. The
      max beam is ahead of this point and the max height is this point and
      aft.