Re: [bolger] Anhinga Isometrics

  • c o'donnell
    Message 1 of 130 , Mar 5, 2008
      Tom Colvin says forget the balance portion of a lugsail when
      calculating COE and mast position.

      On Mar 5, 2008, at 10:11 PM, Bruce Hallman wrote:

      > On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 5:59 PM, Mark Albanese
      > <marka@...> wrote:
      >
      > > the mast location.
      >
      > A sprit sail is 100% aft of the mast.
      > A balanced lug is split roughly 80% aft and 20% forward.
      >
      > So, for a balanced lug to keep the same center of sail area,
      > the mast needs to move 20% towards the aft. (+/-)

      === craig o'donnell
      dadadata@...
      Box 232 Betterton Md 21610

    • bobnsandy9295
      Message 130 of 130 , Jan 23, 2014

        You might want to consider the OzRacer RV. It is a updated version of the Puddle Duck Racer. It is an easily built , and supposedly, rather stable little sailboat. I believe plans are available thru Diuckworks (via Storer.)

        BobfromSWOhio