Re: [bolger] Re: Anhinga Isometrics

    Message 1 of 130 , Mar 5, 2008
      Answering my own question, here is PCB's handwritten letter (The
      'Mark', I think, is Mark Albanese), transcribed:

      Philip C. Bolger
      29 Ferry Street
      Gloucester, MA 01930 U.S.A.

      March 6, 1991

      Dear Mark,

      I've been arguing that the Birdwatcher design is a superior solution
      to the same wish list, but it's a fact that I find the Anhinga design
      attractive
      and would like to see one built as designed. The Eeek! canoe is not
      much of a boat, but its behavior suggested that a bigger version would be
      respectable.

      At worst, it may need more positive buoyancy. Placing this will make
      it much less roomy, so she shouldn't have it if she can get by without.
      I don't see how the modified Anhinga could have got bottom up unless
      the stern compartment flooded some way.

      Reference is to Sandy Shoes, converted to a yawl.
    • bobnsandy9295
      Message 130 of 130 , Jan 23, 2014

        You might want to consider the OzRacer RV. It is a updated version of the Puddle Duck Racer. It is an easily built , and supposedly, rather stable little sailboat. I believe plans are available thru Diuckworks (via Storer.)

        BobfromSWOhio