[bolger] Re:Why I don't write any more CSD newsletters & woodenboat jones.

  • HenryClann@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 1999
      In a message dated 10/26/99 12:06:13 AM Central Daylight Time,
      berniew@... writes:

      << Thank you for the kind word on the old newsletters. Unfortunately, or I
      am sure some would say fortunately, I am not at all motivated to write
      any more. While putting together the newsletter was one of the more
      enjoyable parts of running CSD, >>

      Ah but ye wuz so gude a' hit! I had to let my MAIB scrip laspe 'cause things
      are "tight" around here right now. Do i want that sheet of 3/8th or another
      year of MAIB. It's that tight. That's why i am grateful for "newsletters" and
      groups like this and Bolgerlist. Also Chebacco News and Jim Michalalk's
      letter. I live in Palm Bay-Melbourne, Florida now moving from Indianapolis in
      February.. This is Plastic boat heaven. We got Sea-Ray on one end of the
      county and Boston-Whaler on the other with Sea-Doo around somewhere too. The
      Replica of Columbus's Pinta did come through but i missed it due to working
      weekends at the time....sigh...There is one real boat in the Marina, A
      Selway-Potter brought over from "the auld sod". Rest except for that Burgher
      are grand banks dories with "snowgeese" in them or floating bathtub
      sailboats....SO POST PICTURES OF REAL BOATS to the vault please. (Please?) I
      am having a "jones" for a wooden boat.

      Buying Plywood & framing lumber for "Pointy Skiff" Saturday. I get her built
      and Wifey will let me build something bigger. Maybe another Hms.Rose (just
      kidding).
      Larry
      Palm Bay, Florida
      Born St. Vincent W.I. of American stock,
      Descendant of George Haworth <A
      HREF="http://members.aol.com/HenryClann/Haworth.index.html">HenryClann's
      HAWORTH Page</A>
      "The Emmigrant" 1699, Bucks County Pn.
      <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/henryclann/Boats/amatureboats.index.htm">The
      Careenage & Blue Lagoon, A page for Home Built Boats & Owners!</A>
      Remember; the Titanic was built by the professionals, but Noah's Ark by
      amatures!