Re: [bolger] Anhinga Isometrics

  • Clyde Wisner
    Message 1 of 130 , Mar 4, 2008
      Sorry I can't spell Bruce and I must admit to looking at the lack of
      rocker and thinking evil thoughts. What if it had a box keel and a small
      diesel (1GM10), could it become a "small motor sailer"? Many of us
      really liked that concept. Clyde

      Bruce Hallman wrote:

      > > . What subtle insights did
      > > you pick up?
      >
      > I don't know if this is an insight, but one interesting thing to note
      > is the unusual Anhinga bottom which lacks any rocker aft. In the PCB
      > commentary on Eeek, he explains his hypothesis to be that more ballast
      > can be carried this way without added width to the midsection. The
      > obvious question is what turbulence might occur with the drag from
      > submerging more hull at the trailing end. And, I have a hunch, that
      > PCB was scheming the affect of the role of flat plate of the rudder,
      > versus this trailing turbulence. (Is Anhinga the first Bolger design
      > with a flat plate on the bottom of the rudder?)

    • bobnsandy9295
      Message 130 of 130 , Jan 23, 2014

        You might want to consider the OzRacer RV. It is a updated version of the Puddle Duck Racer. It is an easily built , and supposedly, rather stable little sailboat. I believe plans are available thru Diuckworks (via Storer.)

        BobfromSWOhio