[bolger] Re: Windsprint Hull Fairness

  • Teakdeck@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 25, 1999
      I built and currently sail a Windsprint. I used 1/2" plywood on the bottom
      and I think it makes for a sturdier boat. I butted the plywood and then
      scribed it. I used an electric planer to fair the edges. Not sure about
      getting everything centered. My center lines matched up and the hull looked
      straight to me. I added decking fore, aft and sides. I'm constantly messing
      with the rig. I also think staring at the boat is good work!

      Mike Masten

      In a message dated 10/25/99 6:08:41 AM, rlundy@... writes:

      << Windsprint does not have an expanded bottom drawing. The builder is
      expected to true the hull and then scribe the bottom to fit. Now that
      I know I can shim out the unfair spot, I need a way to check the hull
      for square. I'm not sure just lining up the marked centerlines (going
      to go back and check that all these are REALLY centered anyway) and
      pulling a string along them to line everything up will really make
      everything square and true. Help?