Re: Minnesota

  • uncleralph123
    Message 1 of 37 , Feb 2, 2008
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "donschultz8275" <donschultz@...> wrote:

      > Did you discuss with PBF how much horsepower you intended to install?
      > Of course Bolger would still be thinking in terms of 140 hp, since
      > that is the original design spec. The shoe and less than 90 hp could
      > well work OK.

      Don,

      Bolger thinks 140 hp is too much for the design. He recommends two
      50's or a single 75. There is also the comment in the plans that a
      singe 50 hp "would not be dangerously underpowered".

      Ralph
      Message 37 of 37 , Feb 7, 2008
        > The status of Sitka Explorer came up, I think, more than a year ago.
        > I believe the design has been commisioned but the work has not been
        > completed. A search using Sitka as the search term will bring up an
        > hour of reading.

        That is for sure! For instance, on August 18, 2004 Leo Hill wrote
        that he had recently spoken with SA and was told that Sitka Explorer
        was hoped to be completed by Christmas 2004.