Re: Minnesota

  • donschultz8275
    Message 1 of 37 , Feb 1, 2008
      Further, if you keep the horsepower low, the Tennesee or Dakota hull
      could accomodate at least a variation of Minnesota's cabin. In Tn in
      particular, keeping the weight down will be critical to keeping Tn's
      good performance on low horsepower.

      Bolger makes the point in his essay that one should not mess w' the
      Minnesota design because the built in furniture is part of the
      stiffness of the boat.

      Wyoming has similar design features in the bottom. The fore/aft
      structures are called intercoastals by one Wyoming builder.

      Don Schultz
      Message 37 of 37 , Feb 7, 2008
        > The status of Sitka Explorer came up, I think, more than a year ago.
        > I believe the design has been commisioned but the work has not been
        > completed. A search using Sitka as the search term will bring up an
        > hour of reading.

        That is for sure! For instance, on August 18, 2004 Leo Hill wrote
        that he had recently spoken with SA and was told that Sitka Explorer
        was hoped to be completed by Christmas 2004.