Re: Pictures of tahiti? anywhere?

  • jmbell1
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 7, 2008
      IIRC, the boat was under construction in south Florida. The last
      report was prior to 2005, when you all might remember this same are
      was raked by four hurricanes. There was some concern expressed at the
      time that the project was either lost or damaged in one or more of the
      storms. Another possibility is that the builder had more pressing
      concerns due to storm damage that caused him to indefinitely postpone
      the project.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 8, 2008
        On Jan 7, 2008 7:35 PM, jmbell1 <smallboatdesigner@...> wrote:

        > IIRC, the boat was under construction in south Florida.

        Two years ago when we discussed this last, I did a Google search and
        found a W. Obanion listed on Big Pine Key, and looking at the aerial
        photos of the street address at that time I was 80% that it was the
        Tahiti building site.

        Today, a similar search finds no listing on Big Pine Key. Yet a W.
        Obanion listing now pops up on the Florida panhandle, I am guessing a
        different person, as the aerial photos (now with a high resolution not
        available two years ago) do not show a Tahiti construction project in
        the back yard.

        (Indeed it is fun to search aerial photos for Bolger boats, I have
        found some, but don't want to post my finds publicly because it is a
        bit disrespectful of privacy.)