Re: Plywood Again???

  • Peter Lenihan
    Message 1 of 49 , Jan 4, 2008
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Gene Lueg" <genenkay@...> wrote:

      > The Okoume to which you refer is not marine ply, it is cabinet
      grade ply. My
      > friend/salesman at Hogan Hardwoods let me in on this and refused
      to sell it
      > to me for a boat. Incidentally i could have gotten it for $14 sh.,
      no
      > shipping.
      >
      > Gene Lueg

      Thanks Gene and Kenneth for shedding some good light upon this. It
      just goes to show that there are indeed some ignorant,negligent or
      dishonest vendors out there willing to make a quick good buck anyway
      they can. Buyer beware!!

      Sincerely,

      Peter Lenihan, hooked on MDO and loving every minute of it!
    • Hajo Smulders
      Message 49 of 49 , Jan 9, 2008
        That's exactly what I did. I don't know how thick their skins are; but If I
        were in a position to order a boat build that way I'd insist on a filling of
        the slots at leats with more foam.
        I really don't claim or want to argue my point beyond the fact that I looked
        at it in a very amateurish way; but decided I didn't trust this method; or
        voids and gaps between skin sheets in a composite.
        Now no matter how wrong I might be; I'm never going to be particular happy
        in a boat that has this issue; so I avoid it.

        Hajo