Plywood Again???

  • mike
    Message 1 of 49 , Jan 1, 2008
      Hi everybody an a happy New Year thrown in there also,,,Must be the
      Scrooge in me, taking over my boat building urges...been chequing some
      posts on the internet concerning Ultraply,,some kind of supposed to be
      good quality underlay plywood.(Still have to find out if it is
      available in Canada ei specifically Edmonton area).Has anyone built a
      boat with this stuff amonsght all of you fellows,ei;also awfull curious
      about MDO...Mike
    • Hajo Smulders
      Message 49 of 49 , Jan 9, 2008
        That's exactly what I did. I don't know how thick their skins are; but If I
        were in a position to order a boat build that way I'd insist on a filling of
        the slots at leats with more foam.
        I really don't claim or want to argue my point beyond the fact that I looked
        at it in a very amateurish way; but decided I didn't trust this method; or
        voids and gaps between skin sheets in a composite.
        Now no matter how wrong I might be; I'm never going to be particular happy
        in a boat that has this issue; so I avoid it.

        Hajo