Re: Bolger Black Snake or Blacksnake

  • pvanderwaart
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2008
      To continue another step, since Spur was heavy, Boger designed a
      lighter boat of the same general type called Victoria which he thought
      would be better for general use. If you asked Boger for the plans of
      Spur, I think he would suggest either Victoria or Spur II, depending
      on your preference in construction, but there are numerous other good
      choices in his design list.

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Hugo Tyson <hhetyson@...> wrote:

      > No,
      >
      > Black Snake was a Sharpie design featured in an early 1950's
      Rudder magazine.

      > "Spur"..... the original Spur was built in Mallorca when Bolger
      lived there for about a year doing design work. She was heavily built,
      with sawn frames as is the tradition of Mediterranean boatbuilders.
      She looked beautiful but was rather heavy. She's pictured on the cover
      of Bolger's "Small Boats" book. Very whitehall like indeed.