Re: SF oil spill

  • trailsnail2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 13, 2007
      The vessel which struck the pileings around the Bay Bridge tower was
      under the 'control' of a San Francisco bar pilot. They bring these
      vessels in and out of the bay unless the ship's captian is licenced
      for this inland water. No excuse here but, it was very foggy, and
      there may have been comunication difficulties.

      Michael

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Douglas Pollard <Dougpol1@...> wrote:

      > I kind of wonder how the heck they ever miss those bridges anyway.
      Every
      > time I have been to sea for any length of time I loose my depth
      > perception and am completely unable to judge distance for a while.
      Then
      > if the ship is in a cross wind or tide if it moves slow it makes a
      lot
      > of leeway if it runs fast enough for leeway to not be much of a
      factor
      > they don't have any chance of stopping before they hit anything
      should
      > they misjudge. I guess it's all in knowing what your doing?
      >

      > Doug.
      >

      > Christopher C. Wetherill wrote:
      > >
      > > Just heard a first person account from professional crabber doing
      clean-up
      > > on NPR. It doesn't exactly sound like a walk in the park.
      > >
      > > Christopher C. Wetherill
      > > PROCESS TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
      > > 619R Franklin Street
      > > Reading, PA 19611
      > >
      > > Phone: 570-691-6745
      > > Fax: 610-603-7536
      > > e-mail: wetherillc@... <mailto:wetherillc%40ptipro.com>
      > >
      > > This e-mail may contain confidential and/or legally proprietary
      > > material for
      > > the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or
      distribution by
      > > others
      > > is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
      please
      > > contact the sender and delete all copies.

      On
      > > Behalf Of
      > > Jon & Wanda(Tink)
      > > Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 7:00 PM
      > > To: bolger@yahoogroups.com <mailto:bolger%40yahoogroups.com>
      > > Subject: [bolger] Re: SF oil spill
      > >
      > > Sad as the problem is no dought the news will make it worse then
      it is.

      > > Jon
      > >
      > > There is no situation that a cop or the media can't make worse.
      > >
      > > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com <mailto:bolger%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > > "Bruce Hallman" <bruce@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Just back from (eating lunch and taking a short nap) on my Micro
      > > > Navigator, moored in South Beach Harbor about a mile from that
      San