Ping. Where's Nels?

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2007
      Has anyone heard from Nels? I have not heard from him since
      mid-August (at least). Peter, wasn't it your turn to watch
      the prairie pirate and hoarder of Micros and Long Micros?
      Anyone? Anyone? Beuhler?

      Bill, Long Micro skipper in Ohio
    • Peter Lenihan
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 2007
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <kingw@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone heard from Nels? I have not heard from him since
        > mid-August (at least). Peter, wasn't it your turn to watch
        > the prairie pirate and hoarder of Micros and Long Micros?
        > Anyone? Anyone? Beuhler?
        >
        > Bill, Long Micro skipper in Ohio

        Hi Bill,

        Don't tell me I missed my turn(EEEEK!) :-) The last I heard was
        this past summer,when he generously sent me his copies of MAIBs that
        had articles from Bolger about L'Anemone(ex-Cabotin) aka AS-39(LOOSE
        MOOSE) along with one article from Bolger about WINDERMERE. I had
        enquired about a fixed and secure address to which I could mail him a
        bottle or two of the"good stuff" as a thank you and to get him off his
        cooking sherry binge. He politely turned down my offer suggesting that
        he was a wee bit busy with things and that one day we would perhaps
        meet for a real pirate booze session on board Windermere.And then off
        he went and nothing since.
        So I hope he is well with his health and affairs and that he one
        day check in here. God knows I haven't been too active here either but
        but but I have a real excuse...........busy busy with the boat :-D
        I will soon have to post a picture up-date of things to make
        amends, I fear.

        Sincerely,

        Peter Lenihan, hoping all is well with you too Bill( and other
        Bolgerados) as we prepare for the long haul through winter!

      • graeme19121984
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 7, 2007
          No, I've not seen him post anywhere since about that time. Nels was
          an active participant in quite a number of Yahoo boating groups,
          then went quiet - he's been asked about on some of the others too...
          I hope he's doing alright, and it's a case of the wine, women, and
          song, or boatbuilding and travel leaving no time at the moment for
          other pursuits.

          Graeme