Re: [bolger] Light Dory

  • John and Kathy Trussell
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2007
      Using the expanded panels in payson's book, you could certainly build a stitch and glue Light Dory. Michalak, Welsford, and devlin all sell palns for a stitch and glue, small dory. All of these are inspired by (though probably not exact copies) of the original.

      JohnT
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 2007
        Bill, I will be building the stretched dory and I will probably use chine logs. Did you use internal or external chine logs on your light dory? Are you happy with the results?

        Thanks,

        Don

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 2007
          I've built over a dozen Lt. Dories in both methods and have found the chine
          log to be preferable. Much less work in the long run, and it looks cleaner.
          Tim P Anderson

          _____

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 4, 2007
            I used inside chine logs. Outside would be much easier I think, but I don't think the boat would row as well. I'm very happy with the result.