Re: [bolger] Re: interesting info on plywood

  • Andres Espino
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 15, 2007
      Where are you from? they sell it at home depot here in Arizona... i know what particle board is.. you can actually see the chips on the surface of this stuff and it is commonly used as underlayment under vinyl flooring. I may have heard it also called "chipboard" but it is layered like plywood and available in various thicknesses. DO NOT USE THAT STUFF.

      Andrew

      "David C." <d.cassidy@...> wrote:
      I have never seen underlayment or luaun made out of pressed wood chips.

      Particle board -- yes. 1/4-inch luaun or other underlayment-- no.