Re: [bolger] Half Model of Massachusetts 28ft Inshore Lobsterboat

  • Dominic tyson
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 14, 2007
      Nice half model, the Tyson family are 3/4 complete of the full size thing, The decks have been dynal and expoxy coated and now for the cabin and deck-house. Launching should be early 2008.

      graeme19121984 <graeme19121984@...> wrote: ""Laura b"
      My very first attempt at half-hull modelling, this Gloucester,
      Massachusetts 28ft Inshore Lobsterboat was designed by Phil Bolger with
      an attractive sheer and good flair in the bows. A very pretty hull for
      a motorboat. Unlike my other hulls, this model was carved from a
      laminated set of "lifts" or waterlines as normally seen on the plans.
      Timber used is Silky Oak (Grevillea robusta) for the board and Rose She-
      oak (Casuarina torulosa) for the hull."

      http://www.sutcliffegallery.com.au/gen/Lobsterbig.jpg