Re: [bolger] Plans arrived!

  • Kristine Bennett
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2007
      Hey good for you! Yes that is a fast turnaround for plans! I have looked at the 18' workskiff a couple of times.

      As I recall it's a flat bottom boat and here on the Puget Sound you want a bit of Vee to the bottom so it doesn't pound to bad. For the kind of pooping around I will be doing I still think the Fiddler II would be a fun boat. Only draw back the flat bottom. Hmmm add a cutwater keel under her so she is more like a MT.

      Yes I have been looking at the drawings of the Fiddler II again! I need a boat for this next summer!

      The only drawback to the Fiddler II I can see is the lack of aft deck space. So I would have a place to put the dogs so they are not under foot when you are cooking.

      Blessings to all
      Krissie

      dnjost <davidjost@...> wrote: My plans for the 18' workskiff from Payson arrived yesterday. Instant
      Boats also refers to the speed of Payson's delivery process as I placed
      my order on Sunday.

      My first impressions are:
      1. Easy, straightforward build.
      2. fourteen sheets of 1/2" plywood. Wow. this will be one robust,
      heavy boat.
      3. The plans do not call for a slop well, but it is relatively easy to
      configure one.

      I am looking forward to building and fishing/clamming from the skiff.
      Plenty of room for 3 anglers, and with such close proximity to
      Narragansett Bay, Boston Harbor, and the cape. I can already
      anticipate the bass, fluke, flounder, and bluefish filling our plates.
      Yum.

      David Jost
      "giddy with anticipation"