Re: Casting from Gypsy

  • adventures_in_astrophotography
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 20, 2007
      Hi, uh, shall I call you Sloppy?

      > I had the same problem as you. I went with the 10'6" Pointy Skiff.I
      > fish with my 50# dog it is fine.

      That's how big my alleged PWD is, too. The question with Pointy is
      how satisfying is it to row for a long time and distance. A longer,
      leaner design might be more enjoyable - like the two I use now.

      > Another option would be the 12' Fisherman's skiff. I would recommend
      > putting a skeg on either.

      That one has crossed my mind as well.

      > I have read that the cross braces on the QT can be removed if you add
      > frames. Look in Duckworks projects section. It sounds as if you
      > *might* remove them without modification.

      Yeah, modifying QT is a snap and I should have done it right off the
      bat. I was trying to save weight so I could carry it, but now that I
      concocted a "boat barrow" I don't have to worry about it so much.

      > Do you have any photos of you QT build.
      > I am looking at the power version of the QT, as the Pointy skiff has
      > rocker.

      I don't have any QT photos posted on my website, although I do have
      some in my files somewhere. The problem is that the machine I use for
      image processessing and to maintain my website went Tango Uniform in
      July and I haven't got around to fixing or replacing it yet. Stay
      tuned.

      Jon Kolb