Cynthia J Plans

  • canoeu92
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8 5:41 PM
      This is my first post here, but I have been lurking on this site for
      about three months now. I really like the look and feel of a Catboat,
      but the Bobcat that is listed on the Instant Boats site is not quite
      big enough for me.

      I just found the Bolger Study Plans Only group, and I came across a
      basic plan for the Cynthia J, a Bolger leeboard catboat (Design 289).
      Can anyone tell me how I would go about ordering a copy of those plans?
      I would love to build a boat like that.

      Thanks,

      Bob Lewis
    • derbyrm
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8 7:49 PM
        From the bottom of the messages,

        - Plans:
        Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209, Gloucester, MA, 01930,
        Fax: (978) 282-1349

        If you know the price, send him a check. If not, send a letter or a FAX. They'll respond quite quickly.

        They don't do e-mail, nor credit cards.

        Roger
        derbyrm@...
        http://home.insightbb.com/~derbyrm

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 9 5:11 AM
          Hi Bob,

          plan @ $75 - PB&F wrote up C J last year in MAIB Vol 24 No 11,
          October 15, with some suggestions (mast stepping, ballast, bouyancy,
          free water, thicker bottom, reduced cabin..), but apparently no
          upgrade from that as in _The Folding Schooner_, p54.

          9 sheets of 1/4" or 3/8" plus 1 sheet of 3/4" ply. Likely more a
          flat water boat than Bobcat/Catfish. Sails well, Good looker, nice
          boat - Rick Ramsey kept his (#1) for 23 years. There was some group
          dicussion here about C J last year following the MAIB article - have
          a search in the archives to review that.

          Graeme