Doubled Brick

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2007
      Looking at the photos that exist of the tandem Bricks, with the Brick
      Connector, I was struck at the complexity of the build of the
      connector piece. Indeed, much harder than the quickly possible
      construction of two Bricks. Then it occurred to me that if what you
      wanted was a long Brick schooner (especially to take advantage of the
      ultra elegant twice-time use of those 59SF ubiquitous Payson/Bolger
      sprit sails), then why not build the hull as a single unit?.

      http://flickr.com/photos/hallman/1280173590/

      When I was penciling this out I discovered that the ballast becomes an
      issue, and I realized that almost for certain, the 'Brick Connector'
      must have a water ballast chamber!

      In any case, I think a Doubled Brick would be a fun, capable and
      really nice shot a owning a schooner. Note the 450 lbs water ballast
      chamber midships.
    • Paul
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 30, 2007
        I like it, the water ballast keeps it light for moving it when out
        of the water and certainly simpler than making the connector fit two
        hulls smoothly

        Paul H.